Wednesday, October 30, 2013

First Timer: Overnight Oats

We have all seen the comments. It is so easy! It is the ONLY think I eat for breakfast! I love it! With reccomendations like that and pictures like this

Source: http://www.eatliverun.com/the-one-the-only-overnight-oatmeal/

 I have no idea what has taken me so long to jump on the bandwagon, so here it goes.

Here are the ingredients I used:
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 
  • 1-2 tbsp chopped nuts
  • cinnamon
  • blue berries & black berries
Since I was taking this to work with me to eat post workout (Uh did I mention I am taking a 5:30am group exercise class?) I had to prep.

I have one container for my oats and milk. This container will go in the fridge overnight to set up. In the morning when you are ready to eat you will add the yogurt and toppings to make your overnight oats.


One container for my berries and yogurt and one for nuts and cinnamon.

 




 
I got cute new containers!
 

My review?
It made a lot of food. The consistency is a little odd in my opinion. I didn't hate it, it was just very mushy. I am not sure if the fact that I used almond milk made a difference in that. I also put way too much cinnamon in it. I really liked the bites where I had a berry because it added some sweetness. I used honey flavored Greek yogurt in order to omit the honey/maple syrup that I saw in a lot of the recipes, but I think I will try to add some next time to make it a little sweeter. I am not sold yet, but excited for the possibilities to make this one a lot better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment