Monday, October 28, 2013

Menu Monday 10/28

Menu Monday is going to be pretty boring the next 8 weeks. My dinners are basically going to consist of a protein and a veggie. I will try to mix it up, and post recipes when I do think outside the box.

Monday
Grilled Chicken and Broccoli
I have really been digging the broccoli steamers. Green Giant has a Tuscan Style that I really like. It is hard to find broccoli that is not covered in cheese or butter, but this one is pretty good!


For lunch today I am going to have some chicken and Avocado Quinoa for my side. I am excited to let you know if I like it as much as I think I will.
 
Tuesday
Shrimp and Green Beans

Wednesday
Steak and Spinach

Thursday
Spaghetti Squash "Shrimp Scampi"
Will post the recipe if it is good!

Friday
Salmon and Veggies


pretty wild week isn't it?  I do have a recipe to share though!

 Jazzy Sweet Potatoes
One night after some drinking with some friends we stopped by a food truck. We ordered some french fries, and they were served with cinnamon on them. It gave is an awesome idea on how to cook some sweet potatoes.

Ingredients:
  • Cinnamon
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • sweet potato
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • fresh garlic



 Cut up your sweet potato in pretty consistent sized pieces and chop up that fresh garlic.


 Put the oil in the pan and heat it. Once the oil is heated add the garlic until it is browned and then add the sweet potatoes.

 
 Once the sweet potato starts to cook add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I do not have exact measurements on the spices, I would say to taste. Once the sweet potatoes have some brown on them and are easily pierced with a fork, sprinkle with cinnamon.

I had these with salmon and broccoli, and it was great. I even had some the next day and got a ton of compliments on it's smell.





0 comments:

Post a Comment