Monday, September 23, 2013

Menu Monday 9/23

Whew, what a fun weekend! I have a definite love/hate relationship with weekends. I love getting to relax, be with friends and family and have some time to do what I want to do, but I hate how I eat and drink all weekend. I know that I am in control of that, but it is just so hard. Oh well, here's the menu for the week!

Monday:
Work Night

Tuesday:
Crock Pot Pesto Chicken
I think we are going to rock it exactly like the picture showed and get some mashed potatoes and salad. If you can stand eating instant mashed potatoes we really enjoy the Idahoan single serve potatoes. They are relatively inexpensive and help you keep your servings in check.

Wednesday
Banging Good Shrimp Tacos
This recipe is adapted from Skinny Taste. Instead of doing the mixture she suggests, we just use a package of broccoli slaw from the store, some corn tortillas and make tacos! This is one of our favorite recipes, we haven't had it in awhile so I am pretty excited!

Thursday
Baked Chicken Taquitos
I am trying to be better about using ingredients for multiple recipes instead of letting things go to waste. This recipe uses the tortillas and chicken broth from earlier in the week, and I already have the chicken on hand.

Friday
Another Concert. I promise I am not as cool as I sound on paper.

Saturday
Waldo Pizza
Yum.


Sunday
The plan is to grab some meat from the store and grill out. We do not grill out nearly as much as we should. It is so easy to throw on some extras to eat for the rest of the week and as long as you do not get crazy with the toppings it is healthy. We love throwing veggies on the grill as well. We will check out what is on sale and go from there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment