Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mastering the Bedroom



As soon as we moved into our new house we knew that the master bedroom needed a complete overhaul. The carpet was old, loose, and stinky (insert dirty joke here). There was carpet in the shower area (who keeps allowing people to do this?) and the walls were shabby as well.  









First thing was the removal of the old carpet. Unfortunately for me I had to work while the majority of this was happening.


Once that was done we then had to decide what we wanted to go on the floor. Keep in mind, all of this needed to happen in one week since we would be moving in the following Sunday. We settled on hardwood laminate for the closet and bedroom area and tile in the sink and toilet areas.

Once we purchased all of the materials, we began laying the laminate. I would like to say I helped a lot, I mostly just supervised the process. I think I am beginning to see a trend here.



 Once Dan got the hang of laying the flooring, it went extremely quickly. We were only working on it for short amounts of time (I would get cranky) and it probably took us three nights.



In the bathroom and toilet area we had a professional lay tile. I think I have created a home improvement monster, after seeing the tile man in action Dan is convinced we should be able to do that on our own from now on.



We have accomplished a lot, but the room is still a mess. I am so excited to start crossing things off our list and maybe someday soon have at least one room in the house 100% finished!

 Here is a handy list of the things we have left to do in the MB:
  1. Wallpaper removal
  2. Paint walls and ceiling
  3. Sand and paint baseboards
  4. Install baseboards 
  5. Install vanity
  6. Finish floor in closet
  7. Hang art and decorate


0 comments:

Post a Comment