Monday, September 16, 2013

Menu Monday 9/16

Welcome back for another installment of Menu Monday! The recipes we tried last week were overall good! The BBQ meatloaf was pretty good. I think next time we will just make the loaf and leave off the bacon. I know this is going to be shocking, but turkey bacon is not at all like bacon. The buffalo chicken was SUPER easy and SUPER good. I would make it on a tortilla or lettuce wrap instead of a bun next time, but overall a winner!

This week is going to be a busy one. I work late two nights and we have jam packed weekend, so we are making some big batches of things and hoping for the best!

Monday
Usual work night. Leaning towards a Panera Salad. My favorite is the chicken cob with avocado or Greek Salad. Dan is going to have some large piece of meat, because he is a man.

Tuesday
After our success last week with Emily's recipes we will be trying the Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Chicken with some rice and a veggie. One positive of having a split shift is I can come home and set these meals in the crock pot and Dan can stir, shred, mix, etc. when he gets home.

Wednesday
Another fun new one! Easy Enchilada Casserole. I made this recipe a little "skinnier" using lean beef and reduced fat soups. Most of the time I don't bother getting the reduced fat stuff because the ingredients they subtract usually just add bad junk in some other way. #yolo

 I entered the calories based on the ingredients I used into Myfitnesspal.com and it came out to 316 calories a serving. Follow me on myfitnesspal to see the breakdown!

Thursday
Late night at work = leftovers

Friday
After it was postponed over the summer I will finally be heading to see Mumford and Sons in concert. Words can not explain my excitement for seeing them again. This also means I will not be home for dinner


Saturday
We have a busy day heading to my sister's university for her family day events. That will be followed by a good friend's birthday extravaganza! I am sure we will stay on track with eating and drinking today!


Sunday
Grocery Shopping Day, so its always up in the air!







0 comments:

Post a Comment